Network Operations and Support Engineer
Network Support Engineers are responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases, designing communication networks within an organisation or between customers.
- Work with multiple clients to gather requirements, provide guidance, and provide network support utilizing a deep understanding of routing and switching protocols, network security, good operational experience to isolate, analyze and resolve issues.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
- Maintain complete documentation.
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
- Participate in on-call rotation with the rest of the team members.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Mentor team members on technical issues Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of routing, switching, network security, and associated hardware platforms.
- Multi-Vendor Knowledge of Switches and Firewalls.
- Knowledge of NGFW, stateful packet inspection and ACLs.
- Knowledge with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements (LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, 802.1x, etc.) required Knowledge of the following areas is required VPN (GRE, IPSec, and SSL VPNs,), Wireless (802.1b/g/n/ac) and DNS/DHCP
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following areas is highly desired , Network Virtualization, Cloud systems, VoIP, or Project Management.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills both with clients and within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering a plus
Job Types: Full-time, New-Grad
Salary: Rs18,000.00 to Rs35,000.00 /month
- relative ISP Industry: 1 year (Required)